ARA strives to manage your personal information based on the importance of and our respect for each individual’s privacy. This notice describes:
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Where applicable, we also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, navigate the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above. For more information about our Security Procedures, please visit the Security Procedures section under Privacy Notice & Security Procedures.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can change these settings through your browser (like Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include ARA. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site. Under the “Personal Information” section and the “Payment Settings” delete your shipping addresses, billing addresses and payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Changes to our notice
If our privacy notice change, we will post those changes on this page. Notice changes will apply only to information collected after the date of the change. This notice was last modified on November 28, 2011.
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Notice Only
This online privacy notice applies only to information collected through our website and not to information collected offline.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
By using our site, you consent to our privacy procedures.
Your account information is protected by the password you use to access your online account. As always, please keep this password or any other password confidential. It is recommended that you use a strong password to help ensure your account is secure.
Our website also uses a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure your account information will be protected during transport across the Internet.
How to tell you are on a secure site?
You will be on the secure site when you visit any page containing any of your account information. To check that you are on the secure site, you should see “https:” in the URL/address bar.
For Internet Explorer you will see an image of a closed lock next to or inside the URL/address bar.
For Firefox an image of a closed lock or solid key should appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
If you click on these images, a small pop-up window displaying website security information will appear. This display indicates that your personal information is transmitted in encrypted form.